国产精品99一区二区三_免费中文日韩_国产在线精品一区二区_日本成人手机在线

Spotlight: Libya on verge of civil war, having repercussions on neighbors, says UN envoy

Source: Xinhua| 2019-05-22 15:32:14|Editor: xuxin
Video PlayerClose

UNITED NATIONS, May 21 (Xinhua) -- Libya is on the verge of civil war that could lead to permanent partition of the country and repercussions of the conflict will soon be felt by neighboring countries, the top UN (United Nations) envoy for Libya said on Tuesday.

"Libya is on the verge of descending into a civil war, which could lead to the permanent division of the country. The damage already done will take years to mend, and that's only if the war is ended now," Ghassan Salame, the UN secretary-general's special representative for Libya, told the Security Council in a briefing.

FROM BAD TO WORSE

The consequences and risks of the conflict are already painfully clear, especially for the Libyan people: over 460 dead, 29 of them civilians; over 2,400 injured, the majority of them civilians; over 75,000 people forced from their homes, all of them civilians. Over half of the displaced are women and children, said Salame.

Humanitarian actors estimate that over 100,000 men, women and children remain trapped in immediate front-line areas, with over 400,000 more in areas directly impacted by the clashes, he said.

The conditions for migrants and refugees in Libya have now gone from bad to worse, he said, adding nearly 3,400 refugees and migrants are trapped in detention centers exposed to, or in close proximity to the fighting.

Food prices are rising across the country as shortages start to occur. Insecurity and resource demands of the parties to the conflict are exacerbating these shortages, particularly with regard to fuel.

Another casualty of the conflict is Libya's infrastructure, including electricity and water. Already unable to meet demand, the water supply to the capital and the whole of northwest Libya has been weaponized as armed groups have cut off the Great Man-Made River, a network of pipes, to extract concessions. This act put tens of thousands of people in immediate danger and may constitute a war crime. Such acts must be condemned in the strongest terms, he said.

The security vacuum created by the withdrawal of many of Haftar's troops from the south of the country, coupled with the focus of the western forces on the defense of the capital, is already being exploited by terrorist groups, he said.

Since April 4, there have been four separate attacks conducted by Islamic State (IS) in the south of Libya, leaving 17 people killed, more than 10 others wounded and eight kidnapped, said the UN envoy. "Libyan forces that had in the past courageously defended their country against these terrorist groups are now busy fighting each other."

In addition to the innocent Libyans being ruthlessly subjected to the increasing terror of the IS, there will be a spillover of this violence to Libya's immediate neighbors, he warned.

AFTERMATH OF ATTACK ON TRIPOLI

"Forty-eight days into the attack on Tripoli by Gen. Haftar's forces, there has already been too much death and destruction," he said, referring to the new offensive on the Libyan capital launched on April 4 by Khalifa Haftar's self-proclaimed Libyan National Army.

The offensive against Tripoli came on the eve of the holding of a national conference in the Libyan city of Ghadames, a key event in Libya's political process.

"To see those who had enthusiastically accepted our invitation to Ghadames suddenly take up arms against each other to attack the capital, or to defend it, has thrown me into the deepest level of sadness for the opportunity lost and for a hope killed exactly 10 days before its realization," Salame said.

The attack on Tripoli also imperiled the potential of the talks held on Feb. 27 in Abu Dhabi, the United Arab Emirates, between Prime Minister Fayez al-Sarraj and Haftar, the sixth of its kind between them, he said.

During their talks, there had been the real opportunity to replace the Government of National Accord in Tripoli, dissolve the parallel government in Beida and create an inclusive, unified national government, which would have shepherded the country through the election process to the end of the transitional period, according to Salame.

The understandings reached in Abu Dhabi had also placed the military under civilian control, a key demand of the vast majority of Libyans and many in the international community, he added.

TO STOP FLOW OF ARMS

Despite an arms embargo imposed by the Security Council, weapons are pouring in to all sides. Many countries are providing weapons to all parties in the conflict without exception. The amount and sophistication of these weapons are already causing greater numbers of casualties, he said.

"Without a robust enforcement mechanism, the arms embargo into Libya will become a cynical joke. Some nations are fueling this bloody conflict. The United Nations should put an end to it," he added.

The conflict has been characterized by the use of airstrikes, heavy artillery and indiscriminate shelling of residential areas, he said.

The large number of casualties has overburdened already weakened health facilities struggling with shortages of medical personnel and supplies. Eleven ambulances were directly hit by airstrikes, rockets and shelling while on duty.

There is no military solution to Libya, said Salame. "It is high time for those who have harbored this illusion (of military solution) to open their eyes and adjust themselves to this reality."

He said that a better future is still possible, but we all must be seized with the fierce urgency of now while the front lines remain on the outskirts of Tripoli and before the battle moves to the capital's more densely populated neighborhoods.

"I fear that without immediate action to stop the flow of arms and pressure on Libyan parties to the conflict to enable a return to serious dialogue, Libya will descend into civil war which could potentially lead to a Hobbesian all-against-all state of chaos or partition of the country," he said.

He asked the Security Council to take up its responsibility to call for the silencing of the guns and the warring parties to engage with the UN mission in Libya to ensure a full and comprehensive cessation of hostilities and a return to an inclusive UN-led political process.

The Security Council has so far failed to come up with any "product" -- either a resolution or a statement. Two weeks into the new flare-up, a British-drafted resolution demanding a cease-fire in Libya was unable to be put to vote as the text could not win support of two veto-wielding permanent members of the council.

TOP STORIES
EDITOR’S CHOICE
MOST VIEWED
EXPLORE XINHUANET
010020070750000000000000011100001380801981
国产精品99一区二区三_免费中文日韩_国产在线精品一区二区_日本成人手机在线
一区二区精品| 国产精品一区二区三区乱码| 性久久久久久久| 一区二区不卡在线视频 午夜欧美不卡'| 亚洲电影免费观看高清完整版在线 | 在线播放不卡| 在线免费精品视频| 在线欧美福利| 99re6这里只有精品视频在线观看| 一区二区高清视频| 午夜精品成人在线| 欧美在线亚洲一区| 久久综合给合久久狠狠狠97色69| 欧美成年视频| 亚洲午夜精品在线| 亚洲欧美一区二区视频| 麻豆精品视频在线| 国产精品欧美日韩久久| 亚洲国产精品女人久久久| 亚洲影院免费| 你懂的亚洲视频| 国产精品私房写真福利视频| 在线观看日韩av先锋影音电影院| 亚洲深夜福利| 免费成人av在线| 国产麻豆午夜三级精品| 亚洲人成亚洲人成在线观看图片 | 黄色成人小视频| 亚洲视频每日更新| 猛男gaygay欧美视频| 国产精品入口尤物| 亚洲日本中文字幕| 久久九九有精品国产23| 国产精品www.| 亚洲激情第一页| 久久精品国产久精国产思思| 欧美日韩国产成人在线免费| 狠狠色丁香婷婷综合影院| 亚洲亚洲精品在线观看 | 欧美一区二区三区视频| 欧美精品日韩精品| 影音先锋成人资源站| 亚洲欧美日韩在线播放| 欧美另类一区| 亚洲成人资源网| 久久精品首页| 国产美女一区二区| 亚洲视频在线看| 欧美成在线观看| 在线观看国产精品网站| 久久9热精品视频| 国产精品男女猛烈高潮激情| 一区二区三区日韩欧美精品| 欧美—级a级欧美特级ar全黄| 一区国产精品| 欧美主播一区二区三区美女 久久精品人| 欧美日韩三级视频| 亚洲精品日产精品乱码不卡| 免费观看成人| 在线观看亚洲精品视频| 久久久久.com| 国产一区白浆| 欧美一级欧美一级在线播放| 国产精品伦一区| 亚洲网友自拍| 国产精品二区在线观看| 这里只有精品电影| 欧美日韩国产在线看| 亚洲毛片一区二区| 欧美激情精品久久久久久大尺度 | 午夜国产精品影院在线观看| 欧美色视频日本高清在线观看| 亚洲欧洲一区二区天堂久久 | 一区二区电影免费观看| 欧美日韩成人精品| 亚洲免费激情| 欧美日韩国产999| 99精品国产福利在线观看免费| 欧美激情第8页| 亚洲精品久久久久久一区二区 | 麻豆av一区二区三区久久| 一区国产精品| 欧美ab在线视频| 亚洲人成在线观看网站高清| 欧美jizz19性欧美| 亚洲精品久久久久| 欧美日韩国产免费观看| 99日韩精品| 欧美日韩一区二区国产| 亚洲视频精品| 国产九九精品视频| 欧美亚洲一级| 黄色国产精品| 欧美成人精品1314www| 亚洲国产一区在线观看| 欧美日韩大片| 亚洲综合日韩| 国语精品一区| 欧美xart系列在线观看| av成人免费在线观看| 国产精品激情偷乱一区二区∴| 午夜精品久久久久久久久久久| 国产亚洲精品久| 久久综合激情| 99国产精品久久久久老师| 国产精品豆花视频| 久久国产66| 亚洲激情av在线| 欧美日韩一区二区三区免费| 亚洲欧美国产日韩天堂区| 国产尤物精品| 欧美激情第一页xxx| 亚洲一品av免费观看| 国产精品日韩在线观看| 久久久精品久久久久| 亚洲精品极品| 国产麻豆精品久久一二三| 麻豆成人小视频| 一区二区三区视频在线| 国产日韩欧美二区| 毛片基地黄久久久久久天堂 | 久久久久久久一区二区| 亚洲欧洲精品一区二区精品久久久| 欧美人与性动交a欧美精品| 亚洲午夜高清视频| 韩国av一区二区三区四区| 欧美国产精品v| 香蕉久久夜色精品国产使用方法| 在线成人免费视频| 欧美三级在线播放| 久久久久久久尹人综合网亚洲 | 在线视频日韩| 狠狠综合久久| 欧美婷婷久久| 久久天堂精品| 亚洲无线一线二线三线区别av| 国产一区二区丝袜高跟鞋图片| 欧美精品久久久久a| 香蕉尹人综合在线观看| 亚洲人成啪啪网站| 国产一区视频网站| 欧美日韩视频在线观看一区二区三区| 欧美制服第一页| 一区二区三区高清| 激情综合在线| 国产精品久久夜| 免费在线日韩av| 欧美淫片网站| 亚洲视频网在线直播| 在线观看三级视频欧美| 国产精品免费网站在线观看| 你懂的网址国产 欧美| 欧美一区二区视频观看视频| 日韩一区二区高清| 亚洲成色777777在线观看影院| 国产精品伊人日日| 欧美日韩免费观看一区二区三区 | 日韩视频在线一区二区| 国产又爽又黄的激情精品视频| 欧美涩涩网站| 欧美激情综合在线| 久久综合久久综合这里只有精品 | 欧美伊人久久久久久午夜久久久久 | 国产精品久久久999| 欧美成人小视频| 久久久久久电影| 亚洲欧美自拍偷拍| av不卡在线看| 最新日韩av| 在线国产精品播放| 韩日精品在线| 国产视频精品网| 国产精品一区二区三区乱码| 欧美日韩高清区| 欧美wwwwww| 嫩草伊人久久精品少妇av杨幂| 久久精品视频在线看| 校园激情久久| 亚洲欧美在线高清| 亚洲午夜激情网站| 亚洲视频在线二区| 一区二区三区欧美亚洲| 日韩午夜高潮| 亚洲免费观看高清完整版在线观看| …久久精品99久久香蕉国产| 国产亚洲精品aa| 国产精品一区在线观看| 国产精品麻豆欧美日韩ww | 亚洲人成久久| 亚洲日本视频| 亚洲精品黄色| 亚洲日本欧美在线| 亚洲国产影院| 91久久线看在观草草青青| 亚洲观看高清完整版在线观看| 国内精品久久久久久| 国产一区二区高清| 国产一区成人| 国一区二区在线观看| 一区精品在线播放| 1000部国产精品成人观看| 亚洲第一网站免费视频| 亚洲国产一区二区在线| 亚洲乱码一区二区|