国产精品99一区二区三_免费中文日韩_国产在线精品一区二区_日本成人手机在线

Africa  

Fighting erupts again in northern Somalia

Source: Xinhua   2018-05-24 22:01:36

MOGADISHU, May 24 (Xinhua) -- Fierce fighting erupted again between Somaliland and Puntland forces on Thursday on the outskirts of Tukaraq town in Sool region, north of Somalia.

The two regional states have accused each other of starting the clashes in the disputed town amid use of heavy weaponry

Abdirahman Guri-Barwaqo, Somaliland Information Minister, accused Somali government of attacking Somaliland troops.

"Soldiers from both sides were killed and wounded in the battle," Guri-Barwaqo said in a statement. No casualties have been reported so far as both sides trade blame for the fighting which stated at around 6 a.m.

However, Puntland blamed Somaliland for the fresh round of clashes which had subsided following last week's deadly attack and vowed that the regional government was ready to defend its territory and people.

"Puntland is sufficient to defend its land and its people," Puntland said in the statement, accusing Hargeisa of launching a major offensive against its forces stationed around the disputed town.

The fighting resumed despite appeal from Somali President Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed (Farmajo) and the UN who have called for an immediate cessation of hostilities between the two warring regional states.

Tension has been simmering in Tukaraq in the past three months after Somaliland troops seized control of the strategic town in January following an incursion against Puntland Defense forces stationed there.

The two regional Somali states have clashed previously since 2002 over control of disputed regions in Northern Somalia.

Editor: Li Xia
Related News
Home >> Africa            
Xinhuanet

Fighting erupts again in northern Somalia

Source: Xinhua 2018-05-24 22:01:36

MOGADISHU, May 24 (Xinhua) -- Fierce fighting erupted again between Somaliland and Puntland forces on Thursday on the outskirts of Tukaraq town in Sool region, north of Somalia.

The two regional states have accused each other of starting the clashes in the disputed town amid use of heavy weaponry

Abdirahman Guri-Barwaqo, Somaliland Information Minister, accused Somali government of attacking Somaliland troops.

"Soldiers from both sides were killed and wounded in the battle," Guri-Barwaqo said in a statement. No casualties have been reported so far as both sides trade blame for the fighting which stated at around 6 a.m.

However, Puntland blamed Somaliland for the fresh round of clashes which had subsided following last week's deadly attack and vowed that the regional government was ready to defend its territory and people.

"Puntland is sufficient to defend its land and its people," Puntland said in the statement, accusing Hargeisa of launching a major offensive against its forces stationed around the disputed town.

The fighting resumed despite appeal from Somali President Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed (Farmajo) and the UN who have called for an immediate cessation of hostilities between the two warring regional states.

Tension has been simmering in Tukaraq in the past three months after Somaliland troops seized control of the strategic town in January following an incursion against Puntland Defense forces stationed there.

The two regional Somali states have clashed previously since 2002 over control of disputed regions in Northern Somalia.

[Editor: huaxia]
010020070750000000000000011100001372040801
主站蜘蛛池模板: 张家口市| 黔江区| 英山县| 南开区| 泗阳县| 大足县| 土默特左旗| 廉江市| 秦皇岛市| 府谷县| 宁国市| 永昌县| 新建县| 高雄市| 靖宇县| 辉县市| 绥德县| 富宁县| 融水| 平湖市| 即墨市| 襄城县| 凤山市| 庄浪县| 福安市| 砚山县| 延吉市| 弥渡县| 沙洋县| 封开县| 济阳县| 澎湖县| 临邑县| 集贤县| 苏州市| 达日县| 德庆县| 吴堡县| 边坝县| 嘉兴市| 营山县|